About the scheme
This bursary only applies to people who work or live in the county of Kent.
This is a bursary scheme of up to £100 payable to candidates who have achieved an NPTC Certificate of Competence.
Craftsmen are seen as competent and responsible workers who hold responsible jobs and some run their own businesses.
What will I get out of it?
- Financial assistance
- New and better employment opportunities
- Improved rates of pay
All those wishing to attain an NPTC Certificate of Competence in the land based sector and working in Kent. The scheme is open to all young people, late entrants or re-entrants to the industry, who live or work in Kent.
What do I need to get started?
You must be at least 16 but there is no age limit and you may apply for as many awards as you wish.
How does the Bursary Scheme Award work?
Your application will be assessed by the trustees of the KPTC Bursary Scheme and will be payable on evidence that you have successfully achieved an NPTC Certificate of Competence.
What do I need to do next?
Complete the Registration of Interest form on this website. A full application form will be forwarded to you on receipt.
NPTC Certificate of Competence
A certificate of competence demonstrates that the successful candidate has experience, technical knowledge and ability, which has been independently and reliably assessed to the national standard.
- Pesticides and Related Qualifications
- Forestry, Chainsaw and Arboriculture Qualifications
- Craftsmanship in Agriculture & Horticulture
- General Machinery Qualifications
- Horticultural Machinery Qualifications
- Animal Welfare and Related Qualifications
- Manual Handling Qualifications
- Plant Machinery Qualifications
- Power Line Clearance Qualifications